[OS X TeX] TLU hang on startup

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 19:03:54 EDT 2010

Hi Justin,

On Jul 9, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> I'm using TLU on Mac OS X, 10.5.8, and have seen a hang at startup a couple of times.

[...]

> I'm attaching a 10-sec/20-msec sample of the app while the hang was underway, and the crash log at the time of a "Force Quit" of the app.

Thanks; the sample makes this a very useful bug report.  It tells me that it's hanging while waiting for CFNetworkExecuteProxyAutoConfigurationURL to complete.  So you apparently have a proxy configuration with a .pac URL, and it's unable to download the .pac javascript (or possibly execute it).  Is that possible?

thanks,
Adam