[OS X TeX] Still trying to understand autocompletion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 11 12:37:23 EDT 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Alan Munn wrote:

> And the final • that appears after the environment?  It's a bit disconcerting to have characters that show up in the source but don't actually appear in the output.

Well, they will show up depending upon your input encoding. You are supposed to replace them by using the Next/Previous Mark commands to move and select them and replace them. When I go to the final • at the end of the environment I simply it return and it gets removed and a newline is entered. I like to isolate environments. And you can remove them by editing the CommandCompletion.txt file in TeXShop if you wish.

One note on that file... it is a UTF-8 encoded file so open it via that menu item but DON'T simply open it in TextEdit or all the • will appear rather strange and saving the file will mess it up.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)