[OS X TeX] epstopdf glitch

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jul 12 19:36:15 EDT 2010

Hi, Herb,

On Jul 12, 2010, at 16:18 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
[snip]
>> Is there still an issue?
>>
>> Thanks for your help (and clarifying some things along the way).
>>
>> Justin
>>

> Could you provide a minimal but compilable sample file (and eps to
> include) that shows this behavior. Depending upon what you are doing
> there might be a problem with restricted shell escape which is one
> of the things I've been testing.

I'm attaching one.  You need to supply your own 'eps' file.  Also you
need to ignore the blather that's used in the text, and don't
attribute it to a psychotic break... :-}

I set TeXShop to 'Pdftex', fire away, and get the "restricted mode"
error right away.

> Let me know what you get when you run
>
> kpsewhich epstopdf-sys.cfg

I get what you get (if the path below is what you get).

> kpsewhich epstopdf.cfg

Zilch.  I have no such file.

> as well as let me know what you get when you run
>
> cat /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/
> epstopdf-sys.cfg

% Public domain.
\ProvidesFile{epstopdf-sys.cfg}%
   [2010/06/06 v1.2 Configuration of (r)epstopdf for TeX Live]%
\epstopdfsetup{%
   program at epstopdf=repstopdf% only the restricted epstopdf is allowed
}
\endinput

HTH.

Justin