[OS X TeX] Inline comment in LaTeX?

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sun Jul 18 17:30:59 EDT 2010

Hi Jung-Tsung,

On 19/07/2010, at 6:48 AM, Jung-Tsung Shen <jushen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ross,
>
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> Sure, just break the line, as follows
>>
>> "... thus, the method proposed here provides %presents
>>
>>  a unique approach ..."
>>

> Thanks for the prompt reply. Sometimes the breaking point is near the
> beginning of a sentence; for me, it always breaks the flow when
> reading using % and breaking the line ... I was hoping there's a
> simple solution, such as using \%, %% ... etc.

Everyone is different, but I find it useful to use short lines when composing the content of a document. Lines typically contain a single concept, and can be easily reordered while trying to establish the best way to say things. Your choice between different words would fit this.

Another approach is to tag choices with macros.

E.g.   \newcommand{\tryfirstoftwo}[2]{#1}
          \newcommand{\trysecondoftwo}[2]{#2}

The girl with \tryfirstoftwo{golden}{flaxen} hair.

... and similarly with more choices.
Switching between choices means changing the macro, rather than editing the words.
This is easily done with Copy/Paste.

When you are satisfied that you have made all the correct choices, you may want to remove all the excess baggage.  A smart editor, with regular expression matching, should make this a pretty simple task.

> JT

Hope this helps,

      Ross