[OS X TeX] --shell-escape

Antonio Cosma acosma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:34:47 EDT 2010

Dear all
I've been a subscriber to this list for a couple of years, and I take
advantage of this post to thank you all for the valuable help I received. I
usually find the answer to my questions just by browsing old messages, but
this time I didn't succeed, so I dare to post.

I am using Tikz and Gnuplot to produce graphs. I use the default pdflatex
engine to typeset.
I have TexLive 2009 and Gnuplot 4.2 patch 6.
I used the installation suggested by Peter Vamos on this list, and
everything works fine (thanks!) by compiling from the command line
 pdflatex --shell-escape gnuplot-basics.tex

I was wandering wether it is possible to pass the "--shell-escape" option by
typesetting with TexShop, for instance by writing in the first line
%& --shell-escape
or something similar

Best regards

Anonio