[OS X TeX] Substituting tex fonts with outline fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Jul 20 08:30:58 EDT 2010

on Jul 20, 2010, at 8:03 AM, roberto avanzi wrote:

> I sometimes use pkfix to fix relatively recent ps files with
> embedded bitmap TeX fonts by substituting outline versions
> for the bitmap fonts.  However, the script (PKFIX 1.5)
> does not work with older files.  Are there other tools that
> can help in this case?

Frank Siegert modified his (shareware/commercial) pdf distiller Pstill to do this and suggests the use of a tool ``FixFont'' which seems to've gone 404.

http://www.stone.com/FAQ/PStill.php#ID77

You might be able to retrieve it using archive.org's wayback machine.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer