[OS X TeX] --shell-escape

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 13:06:42 EDT 2010

At 14:40 +0100 20/7/10, Antonio Cosma wrote:

>I installed gnuplot on my MacBook Air and typesetting with TexShop
>works like you all confirmed it should. There must be some weird
>setting on Mac Pro.

It seems to me that your TeX cannot find your Gnuplot. I suggest that
you check the symlink and the location of the Gnuplot app. In
particular, the last two steps in the instructions I wrote on 14/9/08
(credit for these steps to Vic Norton):

  7. go to /usr/local/bin in terminal and do
  8. $ sudo ln -sf
	"/Applications/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnuplot"

This assumes that your Gnuplot.app is actually where this path points
to. On my desktop machine Gnuplot.app is in a folder (I don't know
why, maybe this is how it came out of the Octave dmg) called GnuPlot
so my symlink there points to

	/Applications/GnuPlot/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnuplot

Maybe the safest way is to drill down to gnuplot within the Gnuplot
package, navigate to /usr/local/bin in terminal, type sudo ln -sf
and then drop gnuplot on the terminal. The path then would be
appended to complete the symlink command.

Hope that this helps

Peter