[OS X TeX] Order of numbered files

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:08:35 EDT 2010

On Jul 21, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> On Jul 21, 2010, at 3:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Freedom of choice??
>>

>> between versions of OS X.
>>
>> Regards
>> --schremmer
>
> Howdy,
>
> You still have a choice. Each version does some things differently.
> Do you get everything exactly the way you want the first (or
> second, or ...) time around. I don't know how many times I've
> looked at some documentation I've written and distributed and found
> something that could be said better. How important is the newer way?

Not very. The WindowMenu issue would not matter at all to me if, when
I open the 50 files, the windows were stacked in order. I tried to
use the WindowMenu to get around that but, as it is, I have reverted
to opening the files one by one.

> And now the choice really gets expensive since you'll need and
> Intel system to run Snow Leopard!

That's for sure. I think I will stay with my PPC and my two large
screens for a while more but, once I have finished the checking of
everything before uploading, I will bite the plain Leopard bullet. (I
think snow is incompatible with PPC)

Best regards
--schremmer