[OS X TeX] Re:

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:14:37 EDT 2010

>> The Finder doesn't recognize the strings as natural numbers. You have to replace the single digits by 01, 02, etc, and similarly by 001, 002, ....., 010, ..., if your largest number has three digits.
>

> It used to be this way. Not anymore:finder is now intelligent enough
> (10.6 and methink 10.5). Look at screenshot
>
> But if you use UNIX script 12 comes before 2.

Actually, you can sort either way using the command line command called, er, 'sort' :-)
iirc, by itself 'sort' uses the alphabetic order; 'sort -g' uses numerical order.
And with Automator and Services in 10.6 it is easy to create a service that sorts, say, a selection of lines in (any) Cocoa application.

As to how TeXShop orders items in the Window menu, I guess there is nothing one can do, short of a code change in TeXShop.

Renaming the files in order to have names padded with zeros would be easy; not so easy, maybe, to adjust any \input or \include commands you might be using, I guess.

Luis Sequeira