[OS X TeX] Collaps/Hide a block of texts in TeXShop?

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:09:13 EDT 2010

On Jul 27, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Louis Talman wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the prompt reply. That is a solution; however, since
>> for my
>> case I wrapped the text around the figures, I also frequently
>> adjusted
>> the spacing between the figure and the text to optimize the
>> visualization. By including the code from a separate file, there is
>> one more window to manage ... I don't use hotkeys so the windows
>> switching is always something cumbersome for me ... I wish these
>> codes
>> could be collapsed and opened by clicking on the line number of the
>> first line, say.
>
> So substitute code for a blank picture while you're finagling.
> Then replace it with the real code when you have things fine-tuned
> to your liking.

Or, come to think of it, where you would have \includegraphics
{pic421}, have \input{pic421} or where pic421 would contain your TiKZ
code.

In fact, I was thinking of doing something like that: Let Intaglio
generate the SVG code for the graphics and search and replace the
includegraphics to use Ross Moore's trick to let LaTeX deal with the
SVG code for the graphics. (Not as clean as TiKZ of course but I
already have the graphics.)

Regards
--schremmer