[OS X TeX] Section styles

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:05:29 EDT 2010

titlesec is for general use. The package document also contains some examples.
There are also some other packages for chapter heading style (no section, subsection, etc, chapter and part are different from them). Among them I recommend fncychap, which has seven predefined styles for chapter heading.

After all, the latex internal macro \@startsection can be used, and \secdef can be used to produce everything you want.

Just note that \chapter and \part are different story from \section and friends. (I hope I remember this fact correctly, or just \part is different?)