[OS X TeX] Help: How do I run Textmate's latexErrWarnHtml.py from the Terminal?

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 1 18:31:29 EDT 2010

On Jun 1, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> For a project that I am working on I want to parse TeX logs into HTML (I
> want to improve TeXShop's Console or at least give an alternative to it).
>
> I do not want to reinvent the wheel, and I found that someone has done
> almost what I need:
>
> http://svn.textmate.org/branches/WIP/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/latexErrWarnHtml.py
>
> However, I do not know python and have not been able to figure out what
> parameters to pass to that script in the Terminal.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> Mahalo,
>
> Ramón

Hi Ramón,

You can delete the .py and make the script executable. The command line should then be

latexErrWarnHtml [-v] tex-command file.tex

The optional -v provides verbose output. and the tex-command is, for example, pdflatex.

There are some deprecated commands in the file, but it does run OK under Python 2.6.

Michael