[OS X TeX] TLU broke my symlink

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jun 7 20:16:06 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 14:06 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

>> [snip]
>>> This sounds as though /Library/TeX/ is broken. Not sure how you
>>> fix that.
>>

>> I've checked what I could of the structure of the distribution
>> folders.  AFAICT, the only problem was the breakage of the symlink
>> to "/usr/texbin".  At least, that's all I changed, and things
>> started to work again.  Recall that I had been testing each update
>> to TL, and it was after the last update and test cycle that things
>> broke.
>>
>> I have completed another update/test cycle, and there's no breakage.
>>
>> Justin
>
> Howdy,
>
> What happens when you open the TeX Distribution Preference Pane? If
> all it shows/detects is the MacPorts distribution there must be more
> wrong than that.

As it says above: no breakage.  The prefs panel shows all of my
distributions (and did once I repaired the broken "texbin" link).

The problems I saw all seemed to stem from that once issue; with the
one change (the link), things went from not working at all to working
as expected.

Again, thanks for giving this some thought.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Director