[OS X TeX] Dictionary file... where are you?

Sr Sur igaoss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:46:24 EDT 2010

I Agree With You Themis!!

LAst two days I've been using Aspell and some times fails in the aspect you
comment. Also in Spanish. But at least in the spanish dictionary some times
there are some latex commands that are recognized as spelling mistake...I
supose that it has to be fixed!!.

Thanks for your comment!!

Bests!!

On 8 June 2010 22:17, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Sr Sur wrote:
>
> > So,
> >
> > If you use Aspell instead of default dictionary I asume that is better as
> a spelling corrector, isn't it?
> >
> > bests
> >

> I use Aspell but it frustrates me because (a) It seems ignorant of many
> standard English words (for example, autocorrelation); (b) it often fails to
> recognize inverted-letter typos like "betetr" (the word "better" is NOT
> among the suggested corrections, but "tetra" and "bidet" are); and (c) it
> usually offers too many suggestions that finding the one that matches is a
> pain. To answer your question therefore, I don't think it's a better spell
> checker. However, it does recognize latex commands and makes latex files
> very clean to read. For this convenience I tolerate its inadequacies.
>
> Themis
> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Atte: Sr. Sur