[tex-live] [OS X TeX] texlive.infra: "local version is newer"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 11 18:04:37 EDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 4:48 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2010, at 08:15 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Patrick Wambacq
>> <Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am seeing the following message in TLU:
>>> texlive.infra
>>> status: local version is newer
>>> installed: 18166
>>> remote: 17958
>>> when trying to update. This is the output of tlmgr --version:
> [snip]
>> This question could be answered ONLY by TL team and I forward your
>> question there
>> My own versions of texlive.infra coincides with remote and tlmgr
>> --version returns 17811
>>
>> It looks like your local version numbers are not right but they are in
>> TL2009 rather then TL2010 range
>
> I think I've been bitten by a version of this:
>
> TLU (Mac OS X) tells me, for example, that 'a2ping.universal-darwin' has local version 16044, and remote version 9317.  I have a whole batch of similar entries and no others (i.e., all either match or are newer on the local system).
>
> When I run the update, each of these generates the message 'unhandled status "r "' (from tlu_ipctask).
>
> Things were working well until I tried an update sometime yesterday evening (or early this AM, PST).
>
> Something going on at the factory?  I've tried updating several times, all with the same results.
>
> Justin

Howdy,

I put Victor's commands into a shell script to run from any directory where you have write permissions (it saves the files names in a file). You'll have to give and admin password since it writes to the TeX Distribution bin directories. I tried out both 32bit and 64bit binaries and everything seems to work fine.