[OS X TeX] asy (darwin)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 12 15:29:02 EDT 2010

On Jun 12, 2010, at 2:19 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> despite running
>
> tlmgr install --reinstall asymptote.x86_64-darwin
> tlmgr install --reinstall asymptote.universal-darwin
>
> asy
>
> Welcome to Asymptote version 1.94 (to view the manual, type help)
> warning [version]: using possibly incompatible version 1.96 of plain.asy
>
> does it mean that binary is of the wrong (previous) version?
>
> On .x86_64-linux   asy has version 1.96 as it should
>
> Current stable is 1.97
>

> Victor

Howdy,

In spite of having the .x86_64-darwin and .universal-darwin extensions those packages do NOT (at least at this time) contain real binary updates but rather configuration, documentation, etc.

You'll have to wait for a full update of TeX Live (and MacTeX) and then reinstall after that gets around.

I believe that there is hope to one day have binaries updated via tlmgr but it isn't there yet.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)