[OS X TeX] asy (darwin)

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 20:20:33 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> MacTeX probably has later binaries than TeX Live, because I compiled binaries, made a new MacTeX pretest,
> and then asked Karl if I should submit those binaries to TeX Live. Karl said that sources would
> change again in two days, so we are waiting until everything stabilities before compiling
> and updating the Mac binaries in TeX Live.

Yes - MacTex 06/04 had 1.94 but then there was a flurry of version
changes with very short lived 1.95, and then 1.96 stable as of
2010-06-07, 1.97 stable as of today and 1.98 already passing through
few revisions

BTW, how to compile for both intel _32 and _64?

If I follow standard mantra I get on my MacPro

/usr/local/bin/asy: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

while on old MacBookPro (and in what I got from MacTeX
/usr/texbin/asy: Mach-O executable i386

Victor