[OS X TeX] ANN: TeXShop Webpage Helper

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 14 00:09:19 EDT 2010

Aloha,

I just uploaded my biggest summer project yet: TeXShop Webpage Helper
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/TeXShop%20Webpage%20Helper.dmg>.

It started as a helper program for my ChkTeX for TeXShop application, but
over the last two weeks it has become much more.

It allows you through especially crafted links to control the navigation and
insertion of text into TeXShop documents. To see it in action you can skip
reading all the technical mumbo jumbo and open the enclosed "George
Grätzer's Math Symbols Table" PDF and you have an way of entering all the
symbols in your current TeXShop document, by clicking at links. (Thanks to
George Grätzer for letting me use his table in an example!) You want an
accent, select the letter you want accented click on a link and the accent
is applied.

Now, you can compile your own formula or code snippets sheets to insert what
you want with a click.

It has been designed to be as complete as I could make it, with extensive
capabilities to the person crafting the documents; and at the same time to
have a zero learning curve for the user that already knows how to click on a
browser link.

Please try it out and let me know (if you wish) if it is working for you
(ramonf-at-hawaii-dot-edu). I am keen on knowing if it will work on OSX
10.4.

Enjoy!

Ramón