[OS X TeX] Problem with \textsc{}

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Jun 15 03:05:37 EDT 2010

On  14 Jun, 2010, at 18:18, Sr Sur wrote:

> some questions
>
> Yan, thanks!!
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> fix the problem perfectly, but only if I use cmr, but if I'm using lmr (\use package{lmodern}) doesn't fix the problem...

You can still use Latin Modern and just for the bold small caps resort to cm-super. The following works, but you have to put in brackets the section title for the Contents, otherwise you get there also bold small caps:

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\newcommand{\versalitas}[1]{{\usefont{T1}{cmr}{bx}{sc}#1}}%
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\chapter{The first}
\section[First section with \textsc{versalitas}]{First section with \versalitas{versalitas}}
\end{document}

Best

Axel