[OS X TeX] TeXnicle

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Thu Jun 24 03:03:32 EDT 2010

On 24 Jun 2010, at 08:33, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> On 24/06/2010, at 6:26 PM, George Gratzer wrote:
>>
>> May I suggest that multi file projects may no longer be needed due to the speed of typesetting.
>> I have just finished a book of over 600 pages, with over 120 illustrations. It was split up into chapters, as traditional. Then I merged it all. This book takes about 3 seconds to typeset on my iMac.
>
> It's not so much the size of the book but the management of content, at least that's why I chop up large projects. But I agree that even very large projects are quick.

Many text editors have facilities to manage effectively the structured content of a latex file. Emacs, for example, has powerful ways to manage chapters, sections, and any sub-part of the structured latex file (via RefTeX and Outline) - you can hide, move, expand selectively, navigate the hierarchical structure of the marked up latex text.
--e.