[OS X TeX] Need help collaborating with Windows user

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Fri Mar 12 16:33:00 EST 2010

On Mar 12, 2010, at 2:56 PM, John B. Thoo wrote:
> I'm sorry Peter, for again I don't quite understand.  (I'm very embarrassed by my TeX ignorance and ask for your patience.  Thanks.)
>
> - About including all images in a portable PNG format, do you mean for me to use "convert" to convert all my EPS files into PNG?  Do I still keep the EPS?  Do I continue to use graphicx and \includegraphics{...}?

Well, since you have .eps files, I would suggest you
a)  switch to using pdflatex so that the end product - the .pdf file - is readily accessible to your colleague via Adobe Reader or some other pdf viewer, which they are probably already comfortable with
b) keep your .eps files, and use the epstopdf package - there have been a few posts related to using eps files in this way within the last to weeks on this very list.

This will allow you to keep your eps files with the benefit of automatic conversion to pdf files for inclusion in your document.