[OS X TeX] zapf dingbats

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Fri Mar 12 21:56:46 EST 2010

Michael and Peter,

Thank you very much for hanging in there with my difficulty. If I can get this corrected, then students at our college can purchase a printed versions our free Prealgebra Textbook:

http://msenux.redwoods.edu/PreAlgText/

For about $28 instead of the $40 something dollars charged by our bookstore.

First test:

david-arnolds-macbook-pro-2:temp darnold$ kpsewhich psfonts.map
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map

So a personal updmap.cfg doesn't seem to be the problem.

There seem to be two updmap.cfg file:

In /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg I have:

# Valid settings are true / false:
dvipsDownloadBase35 false

In /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg I have:

# Valid settings are true / false:
dvipsDownloadBase35 true

I also have two psfonts_t1.map files.

In /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map I have:

pzdr ZapfDingbats

In /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map I have:

pzdr Dingbats <uzdr.pfb

I have made no further attempts at changes. I await your opinion.

David.