[OS X TeX] General Font Question

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 13 12:55:00 EST 2010

I couldn't make it work, either. I enclose my unsuccessful attempt:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage[cm-default, no-math]{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Provence}
\begin{document}

Does this work?

\end{document}

Here's the error message I got:

fontspec.cfg loaded.
(/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.cfg))
(./provence_example.aux) [1] (./provence_example.aux)
** ERROR ** Invalid font: -1 (0)

Output file removed.
 )
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file provence_example.pdf may not be valid.
Transcript written on provence_example.log.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can unravel the problem. Again, I wish
you the best of luck. Frustrating, I know.

David D.