[OS X TeX] General Font Question -- Solved!

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Sun Mar 14 00:00:22 EST 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 9:02 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Sorry, I was e-mailing from my iPhone before.
>
> Assuming you're using a fairly recent version of TeXShop: go to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/XeTeX/ (~ is your HOME directory) and move the XeLaTeX-xdv2pdf.engine file there two directories up to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/; restart TeXShop and replace the line
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex
>
> near the top of your file with the line
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdv2pdf
>
> and TeXshop will use that engine and tell xetex to use the dvi2pdf driver to produce the pdf file. The xdv2pdf driver seems to be broken in OS X 10.6.2 so I haven't been able to use it there. If you really have the ttf files the regular xelatex engine should work just fine.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Thanks, Herb. I'm running 10.6.2, and don't wish to use Provence myself, so I'll probably take a pass on this. It worked just fine from the command line, and at least one other poster was able to use XeLaTeX and TeXShop right out of the box with Provence. Perhaps they were not using 10.6.2.

Best wishes,
David Derbes
U of Chicago Lab Schools