[OS X TeX] Re: Some ideas LaTeX on iPad, iPhone, etc.

John Rawnsley J.Rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 04:16:08 EDT 2010

On 2010-03-23, at 17:23, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:

> I tried GoodReader and it works! I have LaTeX on an iPhone :)

I have an iPhone and a permanently connected Mac so decided to have
a go. I followed your instructions and they worked. Well done!

> It is a little bit cumbersome.

You can say that again. Probably good for emergency use at the
moment.

I also had a few glitches of my own. Even though my TeXShop setup
was working, some system upgrade had removed the TeX entry from
the system part of the path, so running the pdflatex engine from
the command line was failing. Adding a /usr/texbin entry to
/etc/paths.d fixed that.

I followed Herb's suggestion and omitted the 'find' from the
latexme script and that worked. However the Automator folder
action is only responding to changes to the number of files in
the watched folder and not changes to file modification dates.
Easy enough to fix in practice by delete the existing .log file
to trigger re-texing.

I put a tex file in the Dropbox folder on the Mac and then
downloaded it to GoodReader on the iPhone, edited it, then tried
to upload it but could not because a file with the same name
already existed on Dropbox. Changing the name allowed the upload
to proceed and shortly afterwards I could read the changed PDF.

John
--
 John Rawnsley | <http://go.warwick.ac.uk/jhrawnsley>