[OS X TeX] What are the TeXShop Metapost, Metafont and ConText Engine commands?

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Thu May 13 00:47:18 EDT 2010

Aloha,

I am writing a shell script that uses TeXShop engines to typeset files. It
parses the first 20 lines of a file and uses the first line containing "%
!TEX TS-program = " to determine which engine to use. Now, TeXShop has
"hardwired" a few engines (that is they are not in the
$HOME/Library/TeXShop/Engines folder):

1. tex
2. latex
3. pdflatex
4. pdftex
5. personaltex
6. personallatex
7. metapost
8. metafont
9. context

I can figure out what the engines are for 1 through 6, from the TeXShop
preferences (and can read them from my script from TeXShop.plist). However,
7 through 9 are mysterious to me.

So my question is: do any of you know what are the commands that TeXShop
uses to typeset Metapost, Metafont and ConTeXt? (I do not use any of the
three, but I want what I am writing to be useful to as many people as
possible.)

Mahalo in advance,

Ramón