[OS X TeX] Drawing diagrams: what's better?

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Mon May 17 16:15:01 EDT 2010

On May 17, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Tim Brophy wrote:

> The application GeoGebra can produce beautiful art work and has an option to translate it into Tikz. It is certainly worth considering.
>
> Tim Brophy

I'm a big fan of IPE. You can get GUI drawing and embed latex directly. I haven't used it for a while, though. It seems to be neglected on the mac, but is still nice. jfig is a continued development of xfig, but with reduced export options. I like to be able to get to metapost in many cases because you can "hand code" details and tweaks, so I go to xfig sometimes as well. I do hand-code metapost from time to time.
Joe