[OS X TeX] RE: Creating a new math character

Lantz Susan lantzs at trine.edu
Tue May 18 18:32:40 EDT 2010

Peter,

I am not looking for the "for all" symbol. The V with a horizontal line through it is used in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics to represent the volume---and to distinguish it from the velocity, which is written (or typed) as a v without a horizontal line through it.

Unlike the "for all" symbol, the horizontal line on the volume character extends past the sides of the V.

Susan Lantz