[OS X TeX] numbering

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Fri May 21 10:30:32 EDT 2010

Dear Alan,

Problem solved. I have a style file inherited from three other books, always modified. It is very long as it contains not only the user defined commands but also the book design.

I searched it for all relevant commands but could not find the reason for the errant behaviour.

Turned out that the offending commands were in the source file!

I now use the chngcntr package, thanks for the tip.

GG