[OS X TeX] xelatex fontmap error

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu May 27 11:11:50 EDT 2010

I do not usually use Xe(La)TeX except for occasional experiments.
However, I've been trying to investigate an issue reported by a user of
Venturis ADF and this has thrown up a different problem.

My console output contains the following lines:

** WARNING ** Invalid char in fontmap line: 4
** WARNING ** Invalid map record in fontmap line 6 from pdftex.map.
** WARNING ** -- Ignore the current input buffer: 8r-raw-uagd8a
URWGothicL-Demi 4 < uagd8a.pfb 8r.enc

Does anyone else see this or know how to solve it?

Thanks,
cfr