[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Question

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat May 29 14:18:18 EDT 2010

On Sat 29th May, 2010 at 10:14, David Arnold seems to have written:

> On the other hand, the most attractive thing about Texshop is the simplicity of its interface. I worry about features "cluttering" the interface and appreciate the authors' wisdom in keeping its "clean" look and feel.

I completely agree about this. If TeXShop included a web browser, I
would suggest introducing the feature of lacking a web browser.

Tabs would be nice. I use screen in Terminal and really like the
control it gives me - I can see the list of available screens at all
times and move easily between them. No more searching to find the
appropriate window amid the clutter. Window clutter is probably the
biggest negative re. TeXShop.

But everyone has a pet feature they believe essential but people vary
as to which it is and I recognise that pleasing everyone would bloat
the application. In my view, avoiding bloat is the most important
thing. (I don't want to feel as if I'm back in Word!) I think Richard
Koch is doing a great job with that and post this primarily to voice
further support for careful bloat-avoidance. (That is, I don't mean to
sound especially critical of any particular feature request - only to
explain why I'd be concerned about the cumulative effects of
accommodating all of them, even mine which I naturally believe to be
obvious and important non-bloating suggestions unlike the rest! :)

Best,
cfr