[OS X TeX] Re: Re: Re: Help with bibliography (Alan Munn) (Alan Munn) (Alan Munn)

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Wed Nov 17 20:37:10 EST 2010

Hi Anand,

On Nov 17, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Anand Ramaswamy wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Alan Munn wrote:
>> As I said, I'm not very familiar with chapterbib, but it seems that
>> bibunits provides all of the functionality of chapterbib, so you
>> probably shouldn't use both at the same time. Do you need a separate
>> bibliography for each chapter?
>>
>> If so, then after each chapter should look schematically like this:
>>
>> \chapter{}
>> \begin{bibunit}
>> \putbib[]
>> \end{bibunit}.
>>
>> This works whether or not the chapter is in your root document or
>> inserted with \include{}.
>>

> Hi Alan,
> I commented out the chapterbib package and included the bibunits
> package (from your earlier post) and included the following after the
> chapter call in the root document for eg.
> \include{chapter1/intro}
> \begin{bibunit}[IEEEtran]
> \putbib[c1references]
> \end{bibunit}
>
> \include{chapter2/background}

Maybe I wasn't clear on this.  The \begin{bibunit}...\putbib[]
\end{bibunit} commands should be *inside* your included chapter (as I
showed above.)  And they should completely enclose all of the text of
your chapter.  So you can't \include text that has citations in it
*outside* of the bibunit environment; any text containing citations
for that chapter *must* be inside the bibunit environment.

So each chapter should look like this:

\chapter{...}
\begin{bibunit}[IEEEtran]

all of the text of your chapter here

\putbib[...]
\end{bibunit}

You then \include this chapter into your root file.

Have you tried a simple document using bibunits and gotten it to
work?  That might help you figure out how it works.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com