[OS X TeX] Miscellaneous Questions

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Mon Nov 29 13:53:25 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 1:43 PM, KHALID NADIRI wrote:

> Thanks Alan.  I've created a BibTex bibliography via BibDesk and
> have exported it to the folder where my article is saved.  When I
> try to run the BibTex file in my LaTeX file using the
> \bibliography{bib file name} command, my references do not show up.
> Any idea what might be going on here? I've tried re-running the
> LaTeX file several times to make sure the BibTex file is compiling
> properly.

Just to be sure (since you said you were a beginner):

1. You do have some \cite commands in your document?
2. You have run latex then bibtex then latex again?  (latex and bibtex
are separate programs, so you first need to run latex and then bibtex
and then latex again.)

If that still doesn't work:

3. Are there any relevant messages that show up in the console window
in TeXShop?

Alan

--
Alan Munn