[OS X TeX] Miscellaneous Questions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 29 13:58:13 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 12:43 PM, KHALID NADIRI wrote:

> Thanks Alan.  I've created a BibTex bibliography via BibDesk and have exported it to the folder where my article is saved.  When I try to run the BibTex file in my LaTeX file using the \bibliography{bib file name} command, my references do not show up.  Any idea what might be going on here? I've tried re-running the LaTeX file several times to make sure the BibTex file is compiling properly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Khalid

Howdy,

Did you run BibTeX after the first run of pdflatex?

If you are using TeXShop as your editor the easiest way to get bibtex and/or makeindex, etc., to run is to use a special engine called pdflatexmk. Download TeXShopTips-0.1.4.zip from <https://public.me.com/herbs2> and see the last section about Engines and how to enable and use the pdflatexmk engine. Once you have that running it will take care of all the necessary runs.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)