[OS X TeX] Miscellaneous Questions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 29 14:28:23 EST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 1:23 PM, KHALID NADIRI wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> The citations show up as question marks despite having the correct citekeys.  The references list does not show up at all.  I'm using the plain bibliography style.  When I try to run my bib file using BibTex, I receive an error reading I couldn't open file name `OutlineBib.aux'.
>
> Khalid

Howdy,

You first run pdflatex (in TeXshop that is just Typeset->LaTeX by default) THEN run BibTeX (in TeXShop that's Typeset->BibTeX) and finally rerun pdflatex (as above) twice more.

The first extra run of pdflatex will generate the bibliography in your document while the second extra run fills in all the citations (which are really cross-references at that point).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)