[OS X TeX] TL 2010 and old fontspec?!

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Wed Oct 6 04:26:00 EDT 2010

Hi Axel,

yes I had to get rid of a lot of stuff which just piled up in my local texmf-folder…

Just didn't pose a problem until now.

Thanks a bunch

Rolf

Am 06.10.2010 um 09:48 schrieb Axel E. Retif:

> On  6 Oct, 2010, at 02:24, Rolf Schmolling wrote:
>
>> Just to add:
>>
>> when trying to process code recently provided by Peter Dyballa in the thread on XeLaTeX in lshort I get an error again referring to an outdated version of fontspec.sty (/Users/rolfschmolling/Library/texmf/tex/latex/fontspec.sty
>> Package:'fontspec' v1.5a [2004/12/04]…"
>>
>> So there clearly is an old version of fontspec.sty on my system. How to replace it with a current one if installing TL-2010 didn't do this?
>
> Just take it out. TeXLive (MacTeX) installer won't touch anything in ~/Library/texmf, and anything in there will take precedence to anything in /usr/local/texlive.
>
> So beware what you put in your personal HOME texmf directory ---you and only you are responsible for what's in there.
>

> Best
>
> Axel

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/