[OS X TeX] missing ligatures from included pdf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 7 15:24:06 EDT 2010

Am 07.10.2010 um 19:43 schrieb Jan Hegewald:

> Here is some more info: Acrobat says the font is embedded, but its
> encoding is "custom". I tried to re-embed it with Acrobat Pro and
> got the following error: "The font could not be embedded because the
> font stored on the page and the system font are encoded differently
> and the encodings could not be resolved."

Does OmniGraffle allow to export as PS or EPS? Maybe their post-
processing to PDF can solve the encoding problem. Which PDF version
are the outputs of OmniGraffle and, presumingly, pdfTeX? To correctly
use OpenType fonts (like LM) you need PDF version 1.6 (with TrueType
or PostScript no such limitations).

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler.
				– Albert Einstein