[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks. UPDATE!

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 8 11:46:11 EDT 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 10:08 AM, Joshua Smith wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've just been notified that homepage.mac.com is finally going away in early November. You can get the TeXShopTips.pdf.zip file from <https://public.me.com/herbs2>.
>>
>> I've also updated the Document with some wording changes as well as a small sub-section about how deal with the Command Completion examples not working properly.
>>
>> Please let me know of any problems you encounter if you try out those examples.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
> Herb,
>
> This document is very useful, even for someone who has been using TeXShop for many years.  A few comments:
>
> 1.  It sounds like this document is a work in progress.  It may be useful to date the documents or provide version numbers at the top so that one knows if they have the latest version.

Howdy,

That's a good idea. I think every document I've written has been a ``work in progress.'' :-)

> 2.  In Section 3.3, I think you are missing a < in your second paragraph where you write that Opt- produces \leq.  Also, I find the autocompletion.plist to be confusing since it does not seem to show what keystroke gives what value.  Is there a complete list that shows all the paired keystrokes and results?

It says Opt-, (that's a comma). And the usual caveat that shortcuts could being different in non-English localizations applies.

> 3.  I appreciate the addition of Section 5.3, because command completion was not working for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

I just knew that would happen. That's why I added that sub-section.

Thanks for your comments. I really do want feedback about this document.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)