[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks. UPDATE!

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 11 09:56:51 EDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 8:33 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:

> Am 11.10.2010 um 13:36 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> I know that macro works for many folks but I always get an Applescript error about search1 not being defined. (There also are macros for generating the TS-program line and the encoding line and they behave the same for me.) Can anyone put a handle on this problem and why I'm seeing it and others not seeing it? Oh... running OS X 10.6.4. I wondering if my version of the Applescript interpreter is somehow different from what other folks have.
>
> I have 10.6.4 with AppleScript 2.1.2 14.11.09 15:40 Universal 64 bit.
>
> After removing the Macro folder from ~/Library/TeXShop it started working.
> (Works fine for a new user in English or German.)
>
> Axel

Howdy,

I've got lots of personal macros so I don't really want to have to rebuild all of that. What I did was to move the Macros folder out of the way and restart TeXShop; this gives me a new Macros folder with the default set of macros. I then exported the macros I wanted by opening the Macro Editor, selecting the ones I wanted to export and used the Macros->Save selection to file… menu item (only there when the Macro Editor is open). I then quit TeXShop, put back my Macros folder and restarted TeXShop to get my original macros. Finally I opened the Macro Editor and read in the plist file from the export using Macros->Add macros from file… (again, only there when the Macro Editor is open) and re-arranged the menu like I wanted to be.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)