[OS X TeX] TeXShop and latexmk and makeindex -s gind, oh my

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 20 08:27:27 EDT 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 10:14 PM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig wrote:

> Good morning!
>
> Am 2010-10-20 um 03:42 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>> On Oct 19, 2010, at 8:40 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>> Oh... do you typeset with pdflatex or latex?
>
> It’s always pdflatex, when doing DTX.
>
>> I'm hitting send too fast... I'm not at all sure latexmk will understand the dtx extension. I'll have to check on that.
>
> It does, I'm using it for my DTX work for months now.  The one thing I'm missing is using makeindex with additional arguments, custom .ist files &c.
>

> … mit freundlichem Gruß aus Ladenburg:
>
> -Moss-

Howdy,

Got a chance to try pdflatexmk with a dtx file this morning and confirmed that it worked fine. I'll put together a special engine and rc file for you some time later today---hopefully you'll get them by tomorrow. I need to make a special rc file because of the conflict of the glo/gls extensions with the glossary/glossaries package.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)