[OS X TeX] counting words in 2010

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu Oct 28 21:12:35 EDT 2010

On Thu 28th Oct, 2010 at 19:59, David Derbes seems to have written:

> I'm not sure if this is a solution, but Excalibur counts words as it spell-checks.

Hmm... I didn't know that. How accurate is it?

> There is also WordService from Devon Technologies that works with many programs; it has a word count feature.
> Free.
>
> http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/freeware/services.htm

I use this for paragraphs but it is no use where there's a lot of
markup or for entire documents because it doesn't filter out the TeX
stuff at all. But you are right that it is a very useful service to
have installed.

Thanks,
cfr