[OS X TeX] TeXShop feature request

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 7 08:07:49 EDT 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 3:49 AM, Jan Hegewald wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to file a feature request for TeXShop (TS), but can not find the right place to do so. The TS website at
> http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/bugreports.html
> suggests to go to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/texshop/
> and "Click on "Bugs" in the list of tasks under the TeXShop name at the top left". I am lost with this description since I can not find any Bugs or Tasks ling on the mentioned site.
> Do you know an official way to file a feature request for the wonderful TS?
> I think I ask about this some time ago: I would like the editor split view to (optionally) split horizontally instead of vertically.
> With the older versions of TS I could easily change the split orientation with Interface Builder.app. The new versions of TS contain "compiled" nib files, which can no longer be edited.
>

> Cheers,
> -- Jan

Howdy,

Feature requests go to <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797241>.

Why don't you download the source from <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/obtaining.html>, edit the nib file and compile it yourself. It's an XCode project and you need to have the MacOSX10.4u SDK installed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)