[OS X TeX] Installing Asymptote

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Sep 10 08:04:18 EDT 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 7:24 AM, William Adams wrote:

> I've got the official version downloading now.

Done. I even found the Asymptote.engine file in the inactive folder and moved it up two levels.

I must be dense or still not have something set up right though. I compile the Asymptote Sample.tex file w/ the Asymptote engine (multiple times) I get:

Package asymptote Warning: file `Sample-1.pdf' not found on input line 71.

Package asymptote Warning: file `Sample-2.pdf' not found on input line 87.

Package asymptote Warning: file `Sample-3.pdf' not found on input line 111.

The top of the log file says:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode

and all of the packages are loading like to:

(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls

w/ no other errors, except for:

error: could not load module 'Sample.asy'

Presumably it's something really simple....

The directory does now include files:

Sample-1.asy
Sample-2.asy
Sample-3.asy

and manually running asy filename.asy on them creates the .pdf, so that's the process which isn't happening. Any idea why?

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer