[OS X TeX] Minipage Vertical Alignment

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 13 02:38:01 EDT 2010

On 12/09/10 21:23, KHALID NADIRI wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to vertically align the year& degree minipages under the
> Education section of the tex code listed below. As you can see, the
> degree information is being placed below the corresponding years. Does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

You have a blank line between the two minipages. This forces the second
one into a new paragraph, below the first one. Remove that blank line
(or replace it by a percent sign.) In addition, you may want to change
the width of the first minipage from 0.0\linewidth to 0.1\linewidth to
get the effect you are looking for.

Having said this, I could also think of quite a few less weird ways of
typesetting this page. But others will tell you about this, I am sure.

--
Martin