[OS X TeX] dvipdfmx binary missing in BasicTeX

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:46:39 EDT 2010

Folks,

On Sep 14, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Michael Ummels wrote:

> After reading the documentation of BasicTeX, I found out that several
> files and directories, including the binaries for dvipdfm and
> dvipdfmx, are purposefully removed by a post-install script of
> BasicTeX. ...

> I understand that the creators of BasicTeX aimed at a small footprint
> of the installation, but I do not think that including these two
> binaries would affect the footprint by a significant amount.

Good points. I rebuilt the BasicTeX package so dvipdfm and dvipdfmx
are included. This version will make its way to the mirror sites over the
next couple of days. The pdf file on my web page has been modified to
explain the new build procedure.

It turns out that the zip file size didn't change. In the recent TeX Live,
dvipdf is a symbolic link to dvipdfmx, so only one substantial file was added.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu