[OS X TeX] How to safely discard and old distribution

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 15 14:42:30 EDT 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 11:34 AM, R Martinez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to remove Mactex 2007. I followed the suggestion below and used the command  rm -r 2007. But all I got was a litany of denied permissions and the directory was not removed.

In the Finder, under the Go menu, select "Go to Folder ..."

In the resulting dialog, type

	/usr/local/texlive

The finder will show you the contents of this folder. One folder will be named "2007".
Drag it to the trash. You will be asked for an Administrative Password.

This is the advance you'll find at

	www.tug.org/mactex/uninstalling'

Dick Koch