[OS X TeX] OT: A favour --- formula names for beam deflection and movement of a dial?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Sep 16 10:49:56 EDT 2010

On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:40 AM, William Adams wrote:

> If someone knows the names of the formulae involved in calculating how much the large pointy end moves based on the small rounded end being pushed down, I'd be very grateful.

Well, if anyone was curious, I finally worked this out to a workable state:

http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=519&t=367100

As I discussed w/ Susan Lantz I'll need to work up a doubled-up pair of levers connected by beam which will ensure that the measurement is taken from the lowermost point. I'll see about posting the plans for the Lego bricks somewhere else.

William
--
William Adams
senior graphic designer