[OS X TeX] PSA: YALE - Yet Another LaTeX Editor :-)

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Sep 21 10:11:16 EDT 2010

On Sep 21, 2010, at 01:52 , Jan Hegewald wrote:

> On 21.09.2010, at 10:01, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:
>
>> Crashes for me every time I try to generate PDF.
>
> So you are one step further than me. I can not even figure out how to generate a PDF at all (-:
> I can also not fond a hint on what the software will eventually cost.

I think the PDF is already there; it's just not visible.  Click the "pair of docs" icon in the upper right of the window.  If you get two copies of the .tex file, click the "single doc" icon in one of the panes.  Also, after you compile, there will be a note on the lower right corner of the window saying "2 errors/warnings found" (or some such).  Clicking that will expose a window containing the error/warning messages in question; and clicking on each will take you to the problem line.

I've found that it works well, but it's just getting started.  There are a lot of rough edges, and it doesn't have the maturity of TeXShop.  The author seems quite responsive, and it will be interesting to see where it goes.  It would take a lot to replace TeXShop, especially considering the potential price difference :-}

BTW, I'm using this on Mac OS X, 10.6.4, and have had no crashes.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker