[OS X TeX] Removing 32-bit Tex Engine

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 17:43:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

I notice that the TeX distribution for TeXLive 2010 shows two options: TeXLive-2010 and TeXLive-2010-64.

I use only the TeXLive-2010-64 version on my MBPro, and would like to delete the TeXLive-2010 version, which I assume must be a 32-bit version.

I will appreciate advice about the following:

1. Is it a good idea to delete the 32-bit version? Are there unintended consequences to doing so?

2. If it is OK to remove the 32-bit version, what is the best way to do it?

TIA

Raul Martinez