[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 42, Issue 6

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Apr 7 18:28:19 EDT 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Mckale, Kaleb wrote:

> I’m not sure if this helps, but when I installed TeXLive2010, it did NOT install under /usr/texbin/.  In fact, most of my file references point to /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin and everything works great.  I did do some clean up though prior to installing texlive 2010 by having fink and macports uninstall any tex-related software.  It could be something as simple as using inbcompatible versions of two programs.
>
> Kaleb

Howdy,

Well, /usr/texbin is a (doubly indirect) symbolic link to the x86_64-darwin directory. What it points to is controlled by the System Preferences->TeX Distribution Preference Pane. That is so you can actually have multiple TeX distributions.

Try

which pdlatex

in Terminal and it should return

/usr/texbin/pdflatex

since /usr/texbin is placed in the PATH.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)